In the last post, I talked about how “making time” for magick is a bit of a misnomer, cause by virtue of being a consciousness, you’re experiencing magick all the time – it’s just about directing it where you wanna GO, instead of letting it run on auto-pilot.
Today, we’re talking about being CONSISTENT with working with magick.
There’s two main things you can do to be consistent with magick:
- Stop beating yourself up for not being consistent
- Embrace the “infinite 1%” of growing your magick, daily.
The “Infinite 1%” is a very simple concept from the podcast Unf*ck Your Brain (one of my all-time faves.)
In short: The space between 0% and 1% is a lot bigger than space between 1% and 10000% – becauuuuuuseee…
If you take even 0.0001% of an action step or little bit of magick daily – you’ll eventually stack up to that 10000%.
If you take 0% of an action step or a little bit of magick daily – you’ll only get the result of 0%.
Being consistent with your magick isn’t about having the most PERFECT altar that you do sanctimonious most amazing ritual in the world and then suddenly butterflies and dragons burst out of your altar and shower magick on you.
(I mean – in my guided path workings – SURE. But those are much more in my mind’s eye. 👀)
If you want to be more consistent with your magick, you’ve gotta stop assuming you’re constantly “doing it wrong.”
Instead: embrace the ways you can make something you are ALREADY are doing daily, a bit more magickal.
Fun fact: This is a concept of “habit-stacking” from the book “Atomic Habits.”
Do you make your bed every day? Infuse it with the thought that by making the bed, you’re laying out the foundations for a good day.
Maybe even sing a little song as affirmation, “My day is amaaazinggg, let’s go a-slayyyingggg”
Do you drink a “warm morning drink” every day? Stir in some cinnamon for abundance while stirring “the-direction-that-you-think-brings-things-to-you” and thinking about HOW abundant you are.
Do you brush your teeth? Imagine you’re cleaning off the emotional gunk you’ve accumulated throughout the day.
Do you regularly eat food? Give the food a little “I’m thankful I’m abundant” blessing and nom that food up.
Do you wear jewelry? Infuse a piece that stacks with a magickal intent every time you wear it.
I’m gonna let you in on a little secret:
Magick isn’t nearly as hard as you’re making it out to be.
I promise. You’re probably making it WAY harder and about the ritual instead of about LIVING magickal.
Something that CHANGED MY LIFE and changed my magick is Alan Chapman’s “Foundations of Magick” from his book “Advanced Magick for Beginners”
- Decide what you want to occur
- Ensure that what you want to occur has a means of manifestation
- Choose an experience
- Decide that the experience means the same thing as what you want to occur
- Perform the act/undergo the experience
Let’s break that down with the Lucky Onion spell.
- Decide what you want to occur (I want to be “luckier”)
- Ensure that what you want to occur has a means of manifestation (people have “strokes of luck”)
- Choose an experience (caramelizing onions)
- Decide that the experience means the same thing as what you want to occur (by caramelizing these onions while thinking of luck, and eating them, I’ll become luckier.)
- Perform the act/undergo the experience (cook down and caramelize the onions while stirring one direction and thinking of luck)
- Result (I had a luckier-than-average-day relatively short after.)
Okay, let’s break it down again, but with cinnamon in your morning warm drink.
- Decide what you want to occur (I want to be “abundant”)
- Ensure that what you want to occur has a means of manifestation (plenty of people are “abundant”)
- Choose an experience (adding cinnamon to my coffee)
- Decide that the experience means the same thing as what you want to occur (by stirring cinnamon into my coffee, I will become more abundant)
- Perform the act/undergo the experience (stir & drink.)
- Result (I feel the physical sensation of “abundance” in my body, and I feel gratitude for the many small ways I’m abundant – like warm water, a nice house, plentiful food such as cinnamon for my coffee.)
Now – with the second it might not be as “OMG RESULTS” like the first set up.
The trick to bringing in more abundance, is to train my neural structures to tell my reticular activating system “please filter in things that reflect back that we are abundant.”
Because of my “Google search” filtration system, I’ll take more micro-actions because I’m able to focus on doing things instead of “OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOOOOWWWW TO SURVIVE,” right?
Your lizard brain – your Gonzo and Pepe brain? 😂
If you want to be more consistent in your magick – stop making it so hard on yourself.
Take a “micro-habit-stacking” approach and just take ONE thing that you ALREADY do every single day – and add a magickal intent.
Just by doing that itty bitty bit of magick every day, you’ll be re-training yourself to believe that you’re being consistent with magick.
Speaking of being consistent – what’s next, now that you’ve completed this “Make More Magick” series?
Well – if want to upgrade your spell tracking, by keeping your Book of Shadows on you at ALL TIMES with the “fills-itself-out-grimoire,” get the Witchypedia template with bonus training course.
It’s built for witches who think bigger than a Book of Shadows, in full Wikipedia-meets-TARDIS-brain.
Check it out, start making more magick and witch YOUR way.